- The government is offering eligible homeowners cash reimbursement of up to €3000 to install solar panels with registered contractors from the SEAI’s Renewable Installers Register for Solar PV. 1
- Households across Ireland are taking advantage of this offer with Activ8 — Ireland’s largest solar installer.
- The grant is set to end in 2021, so people are taking action before it’s too late!
Many people don’t realise that they could be saving money on their energy bills with solar panels.
Even in Ireland’s sometimes gloomy weather, savvy homeowners are able to save, as photovoltaic solar panels are dependent on daylight and can produce electricity even when it’s cloudy.
The government’s latest solar grant helps eligible individuals claim up to €3000 towards the cost of installing solar panels.2
And this grant don’t just cover the cost of the solar panels themselves, but also the cost of installation as well.
Solar: The Future of Cheap Energy
According to studies in the UK, solar energy is set to become the 2nd cheapest form of energy within the next few years.3
This means that there’s never been a better time to jump on the bandwagon.
Most houses in Ireland are suitable for a 2 kiloWatt solar panel installation, which is enough to supply over a third of all your electricity needs.4
And remember, once you’ve paid for the installation, all of the electricity produced is completely free. This can reduce the cost of your electricity bill enormously.
Solar panels will even work in places where the weather is gloomy.
You could reduce your bills by using the energy you produce in your own home.
Solar energy is much more environmentally friendly than fossil fuels.
Top Benefits of Going Solar
- Slash your electric bills – Sunlight is free, so once you’ve paid for the panels you can start reaping the rewards
- Get paid back for the installation costs – Generous government grants can cover a large part of the up-front cost of solar panels, meaning that there’s literally no reason to put off getting them.
- 25 year guarantee – As standard, Bloomberg Tier 1 solar panels are guaranteed to last at least 25 years.
- Expert advice – Activ8 are Ireland’s leading solar panel supplier with over 13 years’ experience helping homeowners switch to green energy.
- Reduce your carbon footprint – Solar energy is one of the most environmentally friendly options out there.
Am I eligible?
In order to qualify for a solar grant of up to €3000, you must meet the following criteria:
- Your home must have been built and occupied before 2011.
- Your home’s energy performance following installation of solar panels must be BER C or better.
- SEAI must not have previously provided support for solar panels at your address.To find out more, or to get started with a free quote, click your location on the map below.