- The Irish government has started to offer eligible homeowners a cash reimbursement up to €2,400 towards the cost of solar panels when installed by registered contractors from the SEAI’s Renewable Installers Register for Solar PV.
- Thousands of Irish homeowners have already taken advantage of this scheme, so make sure that you don’t miss out.
- The scheme is time restricted so in order to check if you are eligible, the government are recommending that you complete this as soon as possible.
Many people don’t realise that they could be saving money on their energy bills with solar panels.
Even in Ireland’s sometimes gloomy weather, savvy homeowners are able to make these savings because photovoltaic solar panels are dependent on daylight and can produce electricity even when it’s cloudy.
The Government helps out eligible individuals with the cost of installing solar panels through their Solar Grants scheme. This allows you to claim up to €1,800 towards the cost of installing solar panels.2
The best bit is that these grants don’t just cover the cost of the solar panels themselves, but also the cost of installation as well!
Solar: The Future Of Cheap Energy
According to studies in the UK, solar energy is set to become the 2nd cheapest form of energy within the next few years.3
This means that there’s never been a better time to jump on the bandwagon.
Most houses in Ireland are suitable for a 2 kiloWatt solar panel installation, which is enough to supply over a third of all your electricity needs.4
And remember, once you’ve paid for the installation, all of the electricity produced is completely free. This can reduce the cost of your electricity bill enormously.
Solar Thermal technology is another revolutionary option. It uses the heat from the sun to generate hot water for your home, which can slash your heating bills.
Top Benefits Of Going Solar
- Slash your electric bills – Sunlight is free, so once you’ve paid for the panels you can start reaping the rewards.
- Get paid back for the installation costs – Generous government grants can cover a large part of the up-front cost of solar panels, meaning that there’s literally no reason to put off getting them.
- Reduce your carbon footprint – We all know it’s mostly about the bottom line, but it’s important to remember that solar panels really are good for everyone. An average household can reduce their carbon footprint by up to 30% by generating their own electricity with solar panels.
Am I eligible?
In order to qualify for a solar grant of up to €1,800 you must meet the following criteria:
- Your home must have been built and occupied before 2011.
- Your home’s energy performance following installation of solar panels must be BER C or better.
- SEAI must not have previously provided support for solar panels at your address.
How Can I Start Saving With Solar?
- Click your location on the map below to get your FREE quote
- Answer a few simple questions and we’ll connect you with one of our trusted partners.